Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Why is it?

  1. #1
    Emperor Napoleon
    Guest Emperor Napoleon's Avatar

    Post

    President Clinton can lie to a federal grand jury during the Starr inquiry, point his finger on national television and lie to the American people and walk away unscathed while Martha Stewart also tells a lie and is crucified for it with a very strong chance of losing almost everything? I am no fan of Stewart per se, but it seems to me a lie is a lie and punishments should be of an equal nature.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MIPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2004
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'M NOT A LAWYER BUT I THINK THE PRESIDENT HAS IMMUNITY FROM PROSECUTION WHILE STILL IN OFFICE. BUT AFTER HE LEFT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HELD ACCOUNTABLE. HE DID LOSE HIS LICENSE TO THE BAR IN ARKANSAS I BELIEVE.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sluggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    755
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are right, MIPS. And don't pay any attention to what Jumper said in another thread. He is just being himself that is - nasty. He should be more tactful but tactful he ain't. And that is the truth.

  4. #4
    Nana
    Guest Nana's Avatar

    Post

    Men are better than women that's why. Duh.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lew's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Plus they're differenct crimes. Martha got in trouble re: SEC matters. Clinton, at worst, committed perjury. And while I don't like it, in all fairness, that is a crime that is seldom prosecuted (if it was, our courts would be logjammed).

  6. #6
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    am no fan of Stewart per se, but it seems to me a lie is a lie and punishments should be of an equal nature.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to American Justice....the best money can buy! Unless your Martha Stewart! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Sluggo, I may not be very tactful but nobody can ever claim the do not know where they stand with me. That has a certain benefit I think.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    She wont do much time, and she'll proabaly lose her spot on her board of directors as well.
    I think the big question is, will they continue to show reruns of her show and what will happen with her brand name products and book sales and things like that.

    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •